Skip to main content

New Girlfriend

Me and Jamie Dog (..oh, and DTY also)
I just noticed, as I posted this photo to my blog, how the image is reversed.  The writing on my sweatshirt is backwards and the steering wheel is on the British side of the car...very peculiar.

Oh, so I bet you are just clamoring to know what the title of this post is all about.  What, a new girl friend?  Could it be?  Well, yeah.  It was hard not to fall for her.  We had a connection almost instantly.  The first date I took her for a walk on the beach on a crisp, cool evening last week.  The sky was clear and speckled with brightly shimmering stars.  Sounds of waves gently breaking on the sandy beach serenaded our evening.  It was the perfect night and we got to know each other very well.

When I picked her up the other day, she was overflowing with joy and happiness.  It had been nearly a week since we last saw each other and her excitement was infectious.  There was no possible way for me to say no to another walk on the beach, even though the morning air was chilly and heavy with fog.  We walked further than we did the last time: over two hours.  When we finally made our way back to the truck, she placed her head in my lap and let go a sigh of content happiness.  I didn't want to drop her off, but I had no other choice.

So, until we go for another walk on the beach, Jamie Dog...I will be always thinking of you.

On a more serious note, it has been forever since I've written...and a TON has happened.  Sadly, I can't stay up long enough to type about it all.  Check out my Facebook page for more photos and randomness.  I have some very cool Throwback Thursday posts on there along with Selfie Sunday posts.  If we are not friends on Facebook, you can always try to add me...no guarantees though.  Here is a short list of things that have happened:

1) New Years road trip to see my brother in Tennessee.  Yes, I actually got to travel and have my first real road tip in my own car.  It was friggin freezing there too...it was 13 degrees the morning I left and didn't get above freezing until I got to Boone.  What was so awesome was that as soon as I pull into Boone on my way to Tennessee, it started to snow and didn't stop until later that evening.  Driving through the mountains in the snow was absolutely beautiful (I took a few photos too and wish I could have had more time to take some decent shots).  Here is a pic, the rest are on Facebook.

2) Speaking of snow, two days after I returned from Tennessee, it snows like crazy here at home.  Highlight: doing dough-nuts on the 4-wheeler out at the farm.  We survived the great snowpocolypse of 2018.

3) A week later it snows again, just this time it wasn't so much.

4) My car got hit in the Wal-Mart parking lot the week before Christmas.  Fortunately the guy who hit me waited for me to come out and gave me his insurance.  My baby was fixed as good as new last week and I had to trudge around in a rental.  Which reminds me....I need to call and ask why I have not gotten the check for the repairs tomorrow...jerks.

5) My paycheck from work bounced two weeks ago.  They say it was an accounting error and that the check just had the wrong account number on it.  No problem, they just cut me another check about a week later after the first one bounced.  Then, to my utter delight, the second check bounced.  It took them nearly two weeks to pay me the $500ish they owed plus reimburse me for the bank fees...

6)...and to add insult to injury, my bank would not cash my paycheck today because I had bounced two previous checks from the same people.  I take it to Wal-Mart and THEY won't even let me cash it.  I think it's time for a new job.

7) I made a best friend...it sounds silly for me to say "best friend" like we are in middle school or something.  But saying "I finally made ONE friend" makes me sound leprous.  I'm hoping this friend doesn't end up like the last one.  I have a good feeling about him though.

8) I'm talking with a girl (for real, a human girl, not a dog) who I kind of like.  Not really sure if there is anything there relationship wise but I really want to give it a shot and see what happens.  That's what dates are for, eh?  To get to know someone a little bit better and see if things click.  I really hope they do because, and maybe I didn't mention this before, I kind of really like her.


I think I'm gonna wrap it up here.  I'm reading the book, "The Knife of Never Letting Go".  It's the first book in the Chaos Walking trilogy by Patrick Ness.  I like it so far.  I have a few books queued up, thanks to a Google Play card for my birthday.  I used to be a huge reader and I really want to start getting back into it....and I want to type more.  We'll see. 

Oh yeah, almost forgot, there has been lots of changes at work too.  One of our cooks quit and people are putting in their two-week notices like they were handing out government cheese or something.  A few I will be sad to see go, a few I won't.  It will be interesting to see if Bumpers will try and talk to me again after she quits...
*tries to keep a straight face*
*breaks into uncontrolable laughter*
...nah! Later Days!

Comments