Skip to main content

I Start School Tomorrow

Super shout-out to The 252 Rocks.  You can find them on Facebook (I'm a member).  People paint these stones and then hide them all over the county.  When you find one, you relocate it, but not without taking a picture of it first of course.  It's pretty neat seeing how enthusiastic people are about not only finding these things but also painting them.  I found this rock just sitting amongst the Halloween stuff at Lowe's today.  I didn't move it but I did take a picture.  This has become a miniature phenomenon around here and it's pretty fun to just stumble across these things.

A rather busy day for me today.  Met Di-Di at the gym this morning for a quick little workout.  I was surprised at how sore I actually was from my solo workout yesterday.  That's a good sign.  I shot home and decided to do some cleaning up for mom.  It kinda backfired because she got back from the farm kind of early and it was not as big of a surprise for her.  But she appreciated me washing the dishes and cleaning up the kitchen.

Then I headed into town to meet an old friend of mine for lunch.  We grew up together in 4-H and she was like one of my only friends.  We showed our horses together and went on a ton of trips, she was awesome.  And she still is awesome.  Despite everything that has happened in my life, she still wants to be a part of it in some capacity.  It was pretty awesome catching up for a little while today...an hour for lunch didn't come close to closing a ten year gap, but it was a great start.  Hoping to make plans for a dinner with her husband and her mom (who was like a second mom to me, I love her to death).

After lunch, I met mom at Lowe's.  That's where I found the rock.  We were looking for a birthday present for my dad but didn't find quite what we were hoping to find.  We did end up picking up a really neat light for the haunted barn at this year's Fall Festival at the Barnyard.  I can't wait to decorate the barn again this year.  I had a blast doing it last time and it turned out very well...it was kind of a big hit.  That's not surprise because, I AM pretty friggin awesome.

When I got home, I registered for a few on-line classes at the community college.  It was painful writing that check, but in about two months, when I'm done and take the certification exam, I should have either a) a new full-time job so I can finally get out from the god-awful kitchen or b) a second part-time job that will supplement my income some or c) wasted all of that money hoping that the job offer I was given 8 months ago is still waiting for me...ROFL!  We'll see what happens.  So, technically, tomorrow is my "first day of school".  I'm a two-time college drop out...will I end up with a triple crown?

After dinner, dad and I watched Inception.  Yet another movie to check off my list of movies I missed seeing.  I wasn't ready for how mindblowingly awesome it was going to be.  Christopher Nolan has got to be one of my favorite current directors.

Free day tomorrow until I go to therapy in the afternoon.  I kind of had my feelings hurt at work the other night and I'm desperate to have someone to talk to about it...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, NOT!  I'd be one miserable person if I let something so insignificant like that get to me.  Especially coming from the person it was....HAHAHAHA!

Okay....okay, I have to stop laughing, my abs hurt.  Later days!

Comments