Skip to main content

Gym Rat

Spring 2004 - Washington Monument
Not much has been going on, just little busy things.  I know it's been nearly a week since my last post.  Motivation level has not been too high lately.  Honestly, I've been super stressed and the sad part is that the stress is a direct result of other people's actions and not really anything that I did myself.

Therapy and group has actually helped me so much the last few weeks.  Sometimes I feel like I have no one I can talk to who really understands my situation and where I'm coming from and who will listen without judging me.  I get that at group and it's been a godsend lately.  I bet you're probably thinking, "What kind of a person admits to going to therapy?"  Hey, whatever.  There are more important things in life than worrying about what someone else thinks about you and trying to keep your pride and this imaginary "perfect image" for everyone.  We all need help and we all need someone to talk to so I have no shame in going to therapy.  Even talking to DAB helps me out a ton, because he knows exactly what I'm struggling with and will just listen and be there for me.

So I've been going to the gym pretty regularly these days with a friend from work.  Yeah, just one for now but I think a few others might be joining us...or maybe not.  We had another guy from work join us yesterday but he decided not to join us this morning.  It's cool because my friend and I have a blast.  It's pretty awesome to have some good company and good motivation.  Going to the gym can be drudgery but we literally don't have to do abs because we laugh so much.  At least I'm getting my $30 worth every month!

Alex is over in Asia burning some leave before he starts pilot training.  Lucky jerk, haha.  The last two pictures I saw were of him holding the tail of an alligator and another of him holding the tail of a tiger.  Cray-Zee.  But I totally would have done it with him if I were there.  I'm super stoked that he gets to travel so much and enjoy life.

Okay, only got a few hours before work so I had better get some things taken care of.  This rainy weather we've had all week is driving me insane.  Fortunately I was able to mow the lawn between showers yesterday.  Did not get to weed-eat but at least the front yard doesn't look like a jungle any more.

Here is an old photo from 2004 when I went to the 4-H National Conference in Washington, DC.  What an amazing trip with lots of great memories and stories to tell!  I'll try and make sure to get a selfie up for tomorrow!  Later Days!

Comments