Skip to main content

A Call from the Top of the World

It's been an insanely busy week for me.  My work schedule changed and that threw me completely off.  Instead of working only one morning shift this week, I had three in a row.  Don't get me wrong, I love working prep in the mornings...I just don't love waking up to get there on time.

So I basically did nothing on my day off on Tuesday. Well, not "nothing", but definitely not what I wanted to get done.  I have not sewn in almost a week...no bueno.  I did a fresh re-install of my OS, which I felt just needed to be done to get the junk off it.  Honestly, there wasn't much "junk" on there, just my OCD kicked into gear and I just had to do it.  Hit the gym with the crew again Tuesday morning.  We had a big group, seven of us there.  So we hit the back exercise room, cranked up the tunes, and played dice.  I thought it was fun...I did both team's exercises so I got a good workout in.  Basically each team rolled dice for the other team's exercise - each number on the dice having a corresponding exercise.  It was a good way to mix things up and keep it interesting.  Oh, and I caught the baby alpaca and got my cuddle on when I went out to help with farm chores later that night.  He's.  So.  Adorable!

Wednesday was a tough day for me.  Work was okay...I usually like Wednesdays because there is a great crew on.  Oh, and it was pay-day.  So, duh...automatically a great shift.  The thing I DON'T like about that day is usually I'm there until 4 p.m. which gives me little to no time to make it home and turn around to get to therapy in time.  Somehow I made it to the bank to cash my check, to the house to change and grab my folder, and I was only five minuets late for therapy.  Class was...not fun.  Fortunately dad and I watched a few episodes of That 70's Show later, which helped immensely.

I.  Hate.  Mornings.
Thursday...oh yea, that was, "Hey, let's all wake up before the sun rises and meet at the gym and then go straight to work!" day.  My personality is not very pleasant so early in the mornings to begin with, and then add some friction to the mix, and I was thankful that I had my ear buds with me.  Oh, and I had to take a shower at the gym.  I didn't even go one year without wearing flip-flops in the freakin' shower.  I let myself down on that one.  Work was okay...slow.  So slow that they told me to go home two hours before my shift was up.  So, what did I do?  I called up my buddy and we caught a move.  The Hitman's Bodyguard was very entertaining.  Lots of swearing, but a pretty fun ride nonetheless.  Not a bad way to spend two hours.

Oh yea, I almost forgot.  Alex climbed Mt. Fuji while he was over in Japan and sent me this pic before they started their climb.  Pretty freakin' awesome.  Even more awesome was that when he got to the top, he video called me.  FROM THE TOP OF A FRIGGIN MOUNTAIN!  It was breathtaking - behind him I could the sunrise and the clouds below him and the blue sky.  Amazing.

Throwback Thursday has been canceled due to lack of hustle.  Deal with it.

Today was another morning shift.  I got my hours in today.  Fortunately, the crew canceled the gym this morning.  Proof that there is a God and that he is VERY merciful.  I really didn't want to take another shower at the gym.  It's amazing how someone contacts YOU and says, we need to chat and catch up.  Then when you say, "Hey, I'm free the rest of the night." all they want to do is say, "Hi, so how are you?" and then they stop chatting and disappear.  That's what I experienced tonight.  Lesson learned.

Well, it's relatively early so I'm gonna try and knock out a good portion of Cory's letter.  Stay Classy and Later Days!

Comments