Skip to main content

Docks, Dinner and Debauchery

Where to begin...So my grandparents were in town this past week.  They arrived Thursday afternoon and left yesterday.  It's always fun to see them, even though my grandma has made it her life's mission to give me a hard time any chance she gets.  I love them to death though and I can never thank them enough for supporting me all of these years.  They were able to make it out to the Fall Festival at the farm on Saturday.  If you missed it, then you really missed out on a fun afternoon.  I was able to get the barn decorated in time with some spooky decorations and it looked really awesome.  Sadly, I was not able to get many pictures.  But the entire farm looked great, they really did a bang-up job of decorating and it seemed liked everyone had great things to say.  I mean, about 600 people showed up so I would call that a huge success.


Tuesday afternoon, I got off work and tried to make my appointment only to find out that they were out of the office for the rest of the day.  When I called this morning, I was informed that she would be out until Monday so I suppose I will shoot one more e-mail and then swing by on Monday to see her. 

From there, I shot over to DTY's house to hang out for a little bit.  It was pretty cool, we took a walk out to the water and chilled on the dock enjoying the view of the EI bridge with an amazingly blue sky for a backdrop.  There were fish literally jumping out of the water...I suppose they were trying to enjoy some of the amazing weather too.

I kidnapped DTY and we shot back to MHC to meet my parents and grandparents for an early dinner at the Chinese Buffet.  I was not nearly as proficient with chop-sticks as DTY was...but the sushi was good, and I didn't get sick!  After dinner we had some time to kill so we shot to AB and walked on the beach.  Caught a beautiful sunset.  I forgot just how tranquil the beach could be and it really put me in a great mood.  On our walk back, I forgot where I parked the car.  I refused to stop and ask for directions (I mean, I'm a guy so...I know where I'm at, trust me).  DTY was pretty confident where it was at but I was getting a little nervous because it was starting to get pretty dark.  Yeah...I panicked and said those magic words..."Ok Google, where did I park my car?"  Turns out DTY was right all along...

Next stop?  Dollar General.  The plan was to have a pumpkin carving party out at the farm.  We were gonna build a bonfire, make some S'mores and carve some jack-o-lanterns.  We picked up the needed supplies and made our way to the farm.  Di Di and Mag Pie both were working so DTY and I started to get things set up.  It became quite clear that I was never a Boy Scout.  I grabbed some firewood and some feed bags and doused it with diesel fuel and....nothing.  So, I added some straw...LET THERE BE LIGHT!  We got it going just as the girls were pulling in.  By the time we got the camp chairs set up the fire was dead.  So, I added more straw and diesel fuel!  A few minutes later, we were dying from smoke inhalation and said forget the fire.  So we just sat and hung out, talking and laughing.  Then, out of nowhere, the fire just literally decided it wanted to start burning.  I did a little manly fire dance, exulting my ability to tap into my inner caveman.

We ended up moving the party back to my house and never did carve any pumpkins or make any S'mores, but we still had a blast nonetheless.  There was debauchery...and stories...and laughing.  We had a blast.  The next morning (yesterday), DTY and I had breakfast with my mom and grandparents and saw them off on their journey back to the Sunshine State.  Then we shot into town, wandered around the Carteret County Mall for a while before picking up our paychecks.  We took the scenic route back to EI via AB, which was an amazingly peaceful drive.  After shooting some hoops and his place, I had to get back to town for my appointment with my shrink.

It was a fun few days, the most fun I've had since I've been home this last year.  Just thankful for an amazing family and friends that I can share time with.  I hope things stay like this for a good long while.  Later Days!

Comments