Skip to main content

I Have Friends?

Gym Rat Crew
Shocker, right?  I mean, how does the biggest a-hole in the county end up with friends?  Bribes, obviously.  It would be super cool to be able to say that people just think I'm a good person and gravitate towards me naturally...but that's a huge lie.  Or did I just lie about lying about being a good dude?  Hmm...we'll never know....which could possibly be another lie, because you MIGHT know.  Gah, I need to lay down.

Met DI Di and Daniel the Younger (DTY) at the gym this morning.  For me and DTY (for future reference, Daniel is Daniel and I am Dan...if that ever comes up...it might...or might not) it was our third day in a row at the house of pain.  For Di Di, her official streak started today with her second day in a row.  Mamma San is at a conference all week...absences are excused but she has to make-up sessions to complete.

Our gym crew went from 7 to three very quickly, which was pretty sad.  But Di Di and Mamma San stuck with it and before long, DTY joined the crew.  We absolutely have a blast.  No need to work abs because we laugh way too much.  Yesterday, Bev joined up.  She will be known as Skippy because, well, she just skips a lot.  She has no streak because she missed this mornings session.  We'll get her there though.

After the gym, we hit up the Waffle House for breakfast.  Yes, I had breakfast with people other than my parents, haha.  Poor waitress, I know she was thinking to herself, "How the hell did I get stuck with these crazy-ass crackers..."  We essentially had the entire back corner to ourselves...NO ONE would sit near us!  DTY was even cracking jokes and giving me a hard time.  I think it was the t-shirt I had on, it just begged for people to make fun of me!

I love my crew and I feel so lucky to be able to call them my friends.  I've been out for a little over a year and was despairing that the fact that I didn't have any friends or anyone to hang with.  Well, God blessed me with these two knuckle heads.  I hope this lasts for a good long time.

New enrollment into the Gym Rat Crew is open.  It's sort of like pledging for a fraternity so be prepared to be hazed, embarrassed and made to feel completely uncomfortable.  If that happens, you'll know that we've accepted you into our crew.  Later Days!

Comments