Skip to main content

1K

Well, should I call it a milestone?  Do I get a gold star to post on this ting?  Ooh!  I know!  I can print this photo out and hang it up on my mom's fridge.  I know she will be proud.  What exactly is it that I'm celebrating?  Why, I've hit 1,000 views on this small, humble little blog.  Yes indeedy.  One.  Thousand.

I know what you're thinking.  Why in the world would anyone visit this blog, and not just one time by accident.  Like, multiple times over a few months.  Honestly, I don't know.  It's just an over-hyped journal with no real literary merit and nothing to offer the poor sap that reads it.  But take a look at the screen shot I posted and let me point out some pretty cool stuff.

First off, seven other countries are represented besides the United States.  The most views coming from Germany with 62.  Yes, I can hear you screaming, "But that doesn't mean anything!  Someone could be using a VPN and bouncing off of a server in Germany."  This is plausible (I'm on a Russian server at the moment) but I'd guess very unlikely.  So, shout out to my German, Polish, Ukrainian, Austrian, Belgian, Australian and Russian visitors.  You guys or gals are pretty cool in my book.

The next interesting thing you can see is that most of my views come from some sort of Apple device, either an iPhone or from a Mac using Safari as a browser.  The Unix and Linux are probably mine since I'm running Ubuntu.  Pretty neat how it breaks down the operating system and browser.

Some more interesting stats:  I've been posting since March, so roughly five months.  This will make my 70th post.  Last month I had 279 views.  My most popular post is You Know...Just Saving A Baby with 14 views.  Close behind it are Today I Fell in Love and This One's For You with 10 views each.  Some of my recurring themes are What Up Wednesdays, Throw Back Thursdays and Selfie Sundays.

I've had a blast writing to this blog and I'm hoping to keep it going.  I would like to do more with posting some of my photography and trying to figure out why Google won't let me share video clips.  If I had one gripe, it would be that I have all these visitors and hardly anyone interacts with comments or subscribing.  But hey, I think this little adventure is truckin' right along.

Well, I need to get to bed early tonight.  DAB isn't online and I've got no one else to talk at so...maybe I'll read myself to sleep tonight!  Oh, and two cigarettes yesterday and only one today...will tomorrow be THE day?  That's the goal.  Later Days.

Comments