Skip to main content

Somewhere On A Beach


Yo, it's a What Up Wednesday!

So what does a crappy day call for?  The beach, duh!  Had to check out the sunset today.  Talk about washing away all my stress and worries.  Things are just right when I get out here, breathe in that crisp, salty air and dig my toes into the warm sand.  I don't even get into the water...well, I'm physically unable to get into the water, but that doesn't matter.  Just being there, soaking in those vibes, feeling the waves pull and tug at me from the shore...heaven.  Getting dookied on by a sea gull couldn't even spoil a beach trip for me, I'm just that locked in.

Today I told one of my managers that I was searching for a new job.  The entire restaurant probably knows by now, and I really don't give a crap.  I knew full well that saying anything to anyone would mean that it would spread like wildfire, which is just another reason why I need to leave that place.  I also asked if she could put me on mornings.  I knew it was a long shot, and like she told me, they hired me primarily for nights but she would "try to see what she could do".

Other than that, it was a pretty darn good day at work.  NO BODY BOTHERED ME, it was great, I got my "Call Me Maybe" on.  I got to go on a catering run, which was exciting.  One of the managers and myself just had to drop off food for a doctor's office, but it was a pretty good way to break my day up a bit.  And I was able to talk with her some, which was nice.  I use to actually not like her and I'm glad I didn't immediately jump to conclusions about her.  She seems pretty cool and talking to her way a relief.  I did tell her about my job hunting, and she said she would keep it quiet but I told her I didn't care, that by the end of the day everyone would know anyways!

I was on time to therapy today for once!  My shrink was impressed...though that's not very hard to do.  Just give him $40 and he's happy as a pig in mud.

Dinner with mom and dad was good.  Chicken, potatoes and a salad.  Perfecto!


With a full stomach, I decided against the gym and hit the beach for the sunset.  Well worth it.  Gym in the morning I hope.  What time?  Who knows, that's what's so great about it.  I can go whenever I want!  Later Days!

Comments