Skip to main content

Hacker Camp

It's another Throw Back Thursday, and I plugged in the old hard drive to dig through some old stuff.  I use to have a blog in college and even though I did not write all that much on it, the things I did record I cherish.  I honestly do not remember some of the stuff I did but there is a written history of it, and I think that's pretty cool...a little scary, but really cool too.

Nothing much happened today.  I hit the gym later in the afternoon to blow off some steam and then on to work where it really wasn't all that busy.  Still working on a few sewing projects and I really need to get my other pair of gym pants finished.  I spoke with DAB briefly tonight but I really want to get this post up and then get to bed.  He is up in Pennsylvania for the next few weeks visiting family.  He did not seem very happy with me when I told him I couldn't talk.  Story of my life...just seems like all my friends are mad at me these days.

Enjoy the throwback from The Life and Times of Dannyboy.  This post was written near the end of September, 2006.

Okay, honestly I have no idea where to start and I won't remember when things happened so I'm just gonna start writing some stuff. Ethan started playing football a few weeks ago. I've been to see a couple of his games. He is on a flag football team through the parks and recs in Ormond Beach. He is pretty dang good and it's a lot of fun to watch him play. I surprised him last night by showing up at his game without telling him. He was excited to see me and threw me a wave when he saw me on the sidelines. Eric is out of town this weekend so he couldn't come to the game so Ethan was glad to see me. Afterwards, Laura took the kids to DQ where we met Ethan's friend and fellow team mate. It was a lot of fun. I've been going over to their place one or two times a week to kinda hang out. I cooked everyone dinner one night and then the next week they invited me over for lunch. That day we took the kids out to an open field and we let Ethan shoot off his model rocket. The kids loved it. However, the rubber cement melted and the rocket came apart so I'm gonna have to get some better rubber cement and some more rocket motors so we can do it again later.

Last weekend Kevin, Alex, Zach and I went to the Riddle hockey game. We have a club team and the home games are here in Daytona so we decided to check it out. It was a blast. We met up with some friends there and afterwards, we stopped by our friend Lamb's house to party some before heading home. We are gonna start going to more home hockey games now.

Air Force stuff has not been too bad. I got moved from public affairs to combat simulations. Pretty much I was moved from pictures to paintball. It was a rough transition and with really short notice but I pulled off the first paintball game of the semester with only about 4 days to plan for it. Arnold Air has not been too interesting so far. I'm volunteering at a UCF football game in a couple of weekends so that should be exciting. Other than candidate training, not much to talk about.

School is going great. I got a 105 on my programming languages test and an 85 on my Calculus 3 exam. So far it looks like it is going to be a good semester.

I was accepted to apply for admissions into a hacker camp this summer! No, really. Check the scan of the letter I received the other day.

Anyway, just hanging out, having a good time with my friends and all. You know. Nothing major that I can really talk about on here. Anyway, I gotta jet. Later Days!

Comments