Skip to main content

Never Settle

That's been my motivation today.  Never settle for just okay.  I've been saying to my family for months that I needed to find something better than the job I currently have.  I've been dragging my feet on it.  I have been settling on what I have, because it's safe and comfortable.  Nope, no more.

I've put in three applications so far today and I feel really good about all three of them.  I'm highly qualified for these positions and I'm a good fit for them.  I have a few more that I need to stop at before the day is out.  I'm not satisfied with just okay.  I'm not satisfied with just being where I'm at.  This job has nothing to do with my goals in life except for a pay check.  I'm grateful for the chance to work, but I can only take so much of being stuck in a rut.

In all honesty, though finally being motivated to do better with my life is a big reason for my current job search, another aspect is that where I'm at now is a toxic environment.  I find myself in a bad mood almost every time I step foot in there.  I'm treated like crap by management and they, along with most of the other staff, talk to me in just any old way they feel.  If I won't tolerate that from others on the street, why am I tolerating it at work?  For the sake of a pay check?  I suppose, but that reason is not enough to keep me there, especially at the wage I'm making now.

So, there it is.  My entire day has been a job search, and it's felt great.  I need to do more with my life.  I can't just settle for the status quo.  Never.  Settle.  Never.  Not for anyone or anything.  If you have dreams, don't let anything hold you back.  Cowboy up, get out there, and make those dreams your reality and don't worry about whose feelings you might hurt.  Later Days!

Comments