Skip to main content

Batman, Thor and Vampires

Wednesdays are stressful for me.  It's hard to explain, because it's not like a high blood pressure, seeing red type of stress.  It does not make me angry or sad or suicidal...it's just stressful.  This does not make a lick of sense, I know, but that's the best way I can think to explain it at the moment.

Last night I was up way too late, but I was happy to do it.  A friend needed to talk so I burned the midnight oil well into the wee early hours of the morning.  It's just what you do, no questions, no complaints.  That made getting up to open prep this morning at work a little difficult.  I was like the Walking Dead this morning.  The snooze button was hit several times and I was nearly late.  In fact, I ran out the door without a few things I needed to have with me.  But not the coffee...I can never forget the coffee.  I will be five minutes down the road, realize that I forgot my coffee, turn my tail around to get it and deal with the ramifications from my boss later.  It's.  THAT.  Important.

Bumpers was having a rough morning so I let her slide on a password to get into the back door today.  Like, she literally slid into the door when I opened it to let the Terminex guy out...sly little fox.  Just in case you missed it, yes, you should be worried that the bug guy was at the restaurant before the doors opened to the public.  And just to make her morning extra special...I gave her my chocolate chip cookie.  Like, ALL of it, I didn't even take a little piece for myself.  I'm such a great guy.

Work was going well until about 3:45.  I should have been leaving for my appointment around this time.  It would have given me a few minutes to stop by the house to grab the things I had forgotten, use the bathroom, change from my work clothes, MAYBE get something to eat really quick.  But no, my boss says, "I know you have to leave so catch up dish and then you can go."  What?  You know I have to leave but you're telling me NOT to leave yet?  I'm beyond words...exasperated?  Befuddled?  Blown away?  I don't know, I'm something that is between angry and incredulous.  So I jump on dish and like Optimus Prime, transform into a dish washing machine.

At 4:00 on the dot, I took off my apron, threw it in the managers face, shouted, "Take this job and shove it!" and was on my way.  I had to swing into the bank first to cash my pay check (dolla dolla bills ya'll) so that I could give13% of it right to my shrink.  That's one expensive nap I take on a very comfy couch each week.  So, I leave straight from work, basically, to my appointment.  I stink, I'm starving, I'm stressed out and then there's traffic.  So, I was late, but fortunately only by about 3 or 4 minutes so not a big issue.

When I get home, I notice this nice, big ole' scratch on the side of my car.  God save the Queen!  I don't remember it there yesterday and I only went to the gym (no one parked beside me) and to Wal-Mart (I parked way out in the back and no one was beside me).  So, I can only guess it happened today and I was only at work and with my shrink.  Oh well, it's just a car, right?  If my day hadn't been stressful enough already, this did not help matters at all.  I was more irritated by the fact that someone hit my car pretty hard and didn't bother to leave a note or hang around to talk to me or something.  That's a hard it, you had to have noticed it.  Cowards.

So, Bumpers decides she wants to do something to cheer me up.  The first thing that came to mind was, "Hey, wouldn't it be cool if she picked me up and took me for a milkshake?"  Well, that of course didn't happen.  Instead, I get jokes:

Q: What does Batman put in his drinks?
A: Just ice
Q:What's Thor's favorite food?
A: Thor-tillas
- Three vampires walk into a bar.  The first one orders a pint of blood, and so does the second one.  The third one orders a pint of plasma.  The bartender replies, "So that'll be two bloods and a blood lite."

So, not the best jokes in the world but still...A+ for effort and maximum cuteness factor.  But the thing is, I didn't need cheering up because I wasn't in a bad mood!  Well, after the third joke I was sort of suicidal...but still.  She's pretty awesome.

Dad and I got two more episodes of our Netflix addiction in tonight, The Last Kingdom.  We are enjoying it.  I have to get to sleep...spin class in the morning with the ladies!  Later Days!

Comments