Skip to main content

Dinner with A Side of Laughs

So my dad's parents have been in town since Friday.  I've been working pretty much non-stop since they got in and tonight I did not have to work.  So we went out for dinner together.  We went down to the waterfront to the place formerly known as Captain Bill's.  It's called Southern Salt now.  To be honest, the food was pretty good, the service not so much.  Maybe our waitress was new, or maybe it was a bad night in the kitchen, but our food took so long to get to us that the manager even asked us what was up.  When the order came, it was missing side items and was not very hot.  What was hot was the bar tender.  And she had on these jean shorts...oh my.  Anyways, got a few shots off the deck before the sun fully set.  I was disappointed that the sun actually set behind a bunch of buildings and not behind the island like I hoped it would.


Besides the short comings of Southern Salt, we had a pretty good evening.  We laughed a lot, but that was a good thing.  We laughed a lot at me, but I'd rather have people laughing at me than condemning me.  If it helps them see past all the bull crap of my life, if that's what they need in order to be around me, then I'll take the beating.  I hate wearing masks...but sometimes we have to.  Not to protect ourselves, but to protect the ones that need protecting.



 After dinner we drove over the bridge towards Beaufort and stopped at the public access fishing pier.  Dad and I walked to the end of it, since he had never been out on that pier before.  It was a nice night, cool but not too cold, and thunder was lighting up the clouds in the distance.  Over all, it was a nice night.





Work this morning was interesting.  The woman I usually work mornings with is quitting.  Evidently her last day is Sunday and I just heard about it this morning.  She usually does the inventory of the truck when it comes in on Mondays but today she bailed on me and left me to do it by myself.  I had never done it before and quickly found it was a pain in the butt.  I got it done, thanks to Mrs. Linda, our general manager.  She helped me check stuff off as it came off the truck.

I got home to an empty house and whipped up some lunch and watched another episode of 13 Reasons Why.  Man, it is such a heavy subject but it is a very well made series.  Kudos to Netflix on this one.  Then I spent most of the rest of the afternoon just hanging with the homies.  Oh yea, Cory called me!  I missed his call twice on Easter day and once this morning.  I'm so glad I was able to catch him this afternoon.  It was great hearing from him.  Also got a letter in the mail from him today too so lots to write to him about.


Comments