Skip to main content

Sad News...

My friend Alex sent me a message today with some very sad news in it.  We went to college with a guy named Hunter Barnhill.  He was in AFROTC and was also a member of Arnold Air Society with us.  He was a year or two younger than Alex and I but he was a great guy who we were friends with.  Hunter posted on his Facebook page that he has been diagnosed with brain cancer.  He had a small seizure on Easter and after an MRI, they found he had a low grade glioma, which is a tumor.  He will be going in for surgery on Thursday so the doctors can find out exactly what it is and if it is benign or malignant.  He is taking this news with a grateful heart and a trust in Christ.  To quote his post, which was shared with me by Alex since I am not on Facebook:

...I assume this burden with joy.  There's a lot of reasons for this, but the main reason is this: Christ's strength, mercy and love is shown best through our pain and suffering.  For me, this cancer is an instrument of righteousness, and I intend on using it to both magnify and glorify God.
Please join with me in praying for Hunter and that God's glory and be fully magnified in his life.

Comments