Skip to main content

Jumbo Sized Post

Okay, so tonight is the night of nights.  It's THE night...the night where I catch you up.  Most of this will be new, some of it might be leftovers reheated for you to gag down once again.  But hey, this is what you signed up for.

Ever see an alpaca in the nude?
We have naked alpacas.  Those poor things.  There are these people who come to the states once a year to shear sheep, alpacas, and I'm sure various other woolly animals.  So, since we are proud owners of alpacas (Al Pocalypse and Al Paccino), my parents had these people over to the farm to give the good old buzz cut...the "zero against the grain", as it is called in some places.  A Navajo warrior couldn't have scalped these guys in any finer fashion.  I was actually at home when I got the call that they were about to start.  I had to wrap up some things I was involved in and grab my camera but by the time I made it out to the farm, they were already packing up to leave.  Sadly, I didn't get any video or pictures of the actual shearing.  However, I did get this shot with my cell phone.  I kind of felt bad for them...it was chilly and there was a breeze.

Saw this car at lunch with Sam.
I met Sam in town for lunch on Thursday (I think it was Thursday).  She started at her new bank recently and I had not seen her since we went out to eat dinner with Desi.  Actually, she really hasn't talked to me since we broke up.  If it's some sort of way for her to get back at me, it's kind of working.  I hate that our relationship changed, that's what I didn't want to happen.  We had a good lunch though...small talked about the last few weeks.  It tore me up, honestly.  I've tried to ask her to hang out a few times and it's always a no...but like a nice no as in she already had plans and stuff.  I guess this is what I get.

That same day, I spent most the morning shopping for the domestic violence shelter.  I put aside 10% of my paycheck for God, but not in the same way most people do or how most churches want you to.  I don't put money in the church offering plate.  I refuse to and if you think that makes me a bad person, then you're entitled to that opinion.  Here's what I do with that money...I give it to a good cause.  I feel that I can spread the love of God more effectively if I put that money directly into furthering His love in other people's lives.  The thought of my offering to God going from a church offering plate to buying a pack of staples and some toner for the church secretary makes me want to scream.  So, I let God lead me in finding ways to bless others with that money.  I've given money for a church youth group to help them with a trip, I support a few very good friends of mine who are in prison, and this most recent one was donating supplies to the domestic violence shelter.  Mom had about a dozen toiletry bags sitting at the house and instead of throwing them out, I bought a bunch of stuff to put into them so that the women and children that have to leave their homes to find refuge in the shelter will have some of their basic needs covered.  I bought tooth brushes and holders, soap, tooth paste, tissues, luffas and deodorant along with some cleaning supplies and shampoo for the shelter.  They were overjoyed when I dropped the bags off.

Dad and I watched a few movies this week along with another episode of Iron Fist.  It was funny because we went to start Iron Fist one night and I went to the kitchen to get something to drink.  When I came back, instead of Iron Fist, dad had started Tropic Thunder.  I have the DVD but have not had the time to watch it yet.  It was pretty hilarious.  Dad was in disbelief that Robert Downey Jr. played the black guy.  We also watched Fury one night.  I love war movies, especially WWII movies.  This was an awesome movie and I'm so glad I got to watch it with him.  Highly recommended.  Also on my list of Netflix binge watching is 13 Reasons Why.  I actually watched two episodes after work this afternoon.  There are only two episodes left.  This series is based off of the book of the same name and deals with the very heavy topic of teen suicide.  Yes, it is a drama, but it is extremely well made and I recommend watching it.  It is rated TV-MA and has language and sexual references so if you have children you need to use discretion on allowing them to see it.

Alex will get his own, proper post.  Just know that he had some really big, exciting news to share this week.  I'm so proud of him.

AT&T sent me a check in the mail.  Evidently there was this lawsuit and anyone that had certain types of phone plans in a span of some certain years is entitled to a cash settlement from them on inappropriate fees that were charged.  I had a Blackberry for literally one month back in December 2007.  That thing was so annoying and it started to physically hurt my thumb from using the side scrolling wheel so much.  Not to mention it was constantly annoying me every few minutes with an email or Facebook update or Flickr update or whatever.  This was like the beginning era of what would be today's smart phones.  Anyways, a guy who was a friend of mine at the time gave me the Blackberry but after a month of using it, I switched back to my old trusty flip phone.  I mean, I couldn't even take pictures or video with the Blackberry and it wouldn't let me send or receive media messages.  My flip phone could do all that and then some.  So, long story cut short here, I got a check in the mail from AT&T for like $7 and some change because the Blackberry plan I had at the time fit the criteria for the lawsuit.  Yay free money!

Tonight, dad and I went into Lowes and picked up some stuff to fix up the tack room at the farm.  There are these mutant sized rats that have invaded the tack room and we had to fortify our defenses and set some traps.  Basically what we did was put metal sheeting up along the top of the wall and down the corners to keep them from chewing through the gaps in the wood.  We covered and patched up any other spots that they might sneak in from and got some cans of that really cool foamy insulation stuff to seal the door and air conditioning unit.  Then we put down some sticky traps.  How rad would it be to find a huge, mangy old rat stuck in there tomorrow?  I hope mom calls me if she finds one so I can come take a picture.

Well, that about covers it.  Did I show you the baby pigs?  If not, here is a parting shot.  I will do my best to keep posting daily.  Later Days!


Comments