Skip to main content

A Romp in the Hay

We spent nearly thirty minutes in the hay loft this evening.  I don't usually have the stamina to last that long but I was determined not to disappoint again by pulling out early.  I pushed, I pulled, I lifted and shifted and maneuvered.  I was finding ways to fill that space that no one had ever done before.  I got creative, and it paid off...big time.  By the time we were done, I was exhausted, hot, sweaty, covered in hay from head to toes and satisfied.  Very, VERY satisfied.  It's hard not to feel satisfied after you unload 100 bales of hay into a barn.  Come on, what did you think I was talking about?  Get your mind out of the gutter.

My day off from work was not quite as productive as I hoped it would be.  I had to drive down to Beaufort this morning, which was not fun because the traffic was just insane.  Then I spent a while helping my mom update the Barnyard website with new information about our fresh pork for sale and our summer horse camps in August.  After that, I had lunch and watched about 45 minutes worth of TV.

Just as I was starting to pin my pattern onto my fabric, Amber texts me and says that her, Ben and Oinkers are coming over to shower and chill for a little while.  She was having problems with her water at the house so they were gonna get cleaned up here.  So I put on my barn clothes and shot out to the farm.  I unloaded the trailer full of hay and played around with Carmel for a little bit then helped mom and dad finish up chores.  Enjoyed a few minutes of lounging in my red-neck hammock...

Dinner with mom and dad was good - pork loin, mac and cheese and green beens.  They are into America's Got Talent so we watched that together.  Last night we watched the new Power Rangers movie...It.  Was.  Awesome.  I tried to get them to watch Beauty and the Beast tonight but the talent show was top priority.

The rest of the night has been me just chilling on IRC, talking with Jay and goofing off with random strangers.  Met this funny dude from our great northern neighbor.  Work only for a few hours tomorrow...it's an odd schedule.  I thought I worked the night shift but evidently I go in at 11 a.m.

Comments