Skip to main content

Artsy Craftsy Kinda Afternoon

Work was uneventful today.  Okay, that was sort of a lie.  I was irritated the entire day because of one unnecessary remark that was made.  But hey, that's my own fault for letting it live in my head without paying any rent.  Nope, can't think of a single thing worth typing about work today.

So, I get off of work, get into my car and start the engine.  Holy crap, there is an indicator light on!  Oh come on, I just bought this thing six months ago!  I pulled out the owner's manual and see that I have a low tire pressure indicator light aglow on my panel.  Wonderful...so I swing into Wal-Mart.  I needed to get some groceries anyways so I also picked up an air pressure gauge and a Febreeze fresh car scent thingy (yes, that's the official term for it) for my air vent.  Milk, check.  Fruit, check.  Honey buns, check.  Granola bars, check.  Double stuffed Oreos, nope.  Talk about will power.

My rear drivers side tire was down to 15 psi when it should have been 38 psi.  The air hose at the gas station did not accept dollar bills, which I had plenty of.  It only took quarters, which I only had one of and a hand full of nickels.  But gee whiz, it sure enough took credit cards.  I was cursing as I swiped my card for $1.50 to get five minutes of air...it took all of 30 seconds to fill it.

Since I got my fabric in the other day to make some more nap mats, I picked up some more bias tape.  I'm going to hold off on the rest of the material because I honestly won't have a chance to even think about doing anything this weekend.  Since mom got a tablet for Mother's Day, I picked up a few things to make her a quilted tablet cover.

Holy crap, this thing is kind of cool.  It was a pain in the butt to make, but now that I got the feel for it, the next time will be much easier.  It is quilted, and maybe the next one I make will have a little more padding in it because it does sort of feel thin.  Of course mom loves horses so I had to get the horse print.  It has a zippered pocket to hold ear phones, a stylus, a cord and charger or whatever else you need.

So I spent the evening after work making her tablet cover.  Dad and I had dinner at Taco Bell and everyone pretty much hit the hay pretty early tonight.  When I got home from dinner, I checked my tire again and it was already losing air again...not a good sign.  We didn't even watch Jimmy Falon's Thank You Notes, which dad and I enjoy catching.  I gotta work a double tomorrow so no flea market.  This will make two weeks in a row...I'm losing sleep thinking about the deals I'm missing out on!  Gonna see if my sheets are dry yet...Later Days!

Comments