Skip to main content

Just When You Think...

Just when you think that you know someone, they prove you wrong.  This is what I have been pondering all day today and it had put me in a kind of sour mood.  I want to expound on it, but I'm afraid to.  Yup, that's right.  I'm afraid.  Is it okay for a guy to be afraid?  Darn tootin' it is.

I hate losing friends or thinking that I lost a friend.  Two such people are on my mind.  One is a friend I've known for nearly my entire life.  She supported me through my worst years when she had no business to do so.  I never really understood why she did it, why she stuck with me for all that time.  As I was about ready to come back home, we had developed such a strong bond that we decided that since we were such good friends, maybe we should try to "date".  I didn't want to ruin our friendship over it...maybe it wouldn't work out and then how would things be?  Well, we gave it a shot and it didn't work out.  I wasn't ready for a relationship so soon and I think we both just expected different things from it.  The sad part is, we don't speak any more.  She doesn't text me.  Whenever I sent her texts, she would always just give a short reply and then that was it.  I think I lost her as a friend, and it hurts me deeply because I don't know why she can't be my friend any more...

Reese's cups on my car door
The other is a newer friend.  We had been talking a lot over the last month and then suddenly things just kind of went silent.  Honestly, today I decided to write her off and told myself, "You know what, you thought she was different and you were wrong.  No big deal, just move on with your life."  That took a few days of us not really talking to get into my head because I really didn't want to believe it.  Most of today, it was painful...things just weren't the same.  Then, as I walked out to my car at midnight, after working 12 hours today, being tired, stinky, frustrated and a little dejected...I found these two Reese's cups on my door.  It was exactly what I needed.  Just when you think you lost a friend, they come back a remember something so small and turn it into a huge gesture.  So, thank you for that.

Later Days!

Comments