Skip to main content

Killed It!

I wasn't going to post tonight but...

Went to church this morning and met Amber there.  This guy that was in the chair behind the one Amber saved for me was like, "You can't sit there, I won't be able to see over you!"  Then he laughed, gave me an awkward pat on the shoulder like it was all just a joke.  Sad thing is that I believe that is really how he felt deep down inside...why else would he say it?  He doesn't know me, we're not pals so...I don't know.  I didn't try and hunch over for him either so I guess that makes me a jerk too. 

Dad and mom had a big day out at the farm so they didn't go with us.  It was a pretty good service.  Still trying to figure out the analogy of "prayer shouldn't be your 911 call when things go bad...it should be like your spare tire in your trunk."  Umm....isn't the spare tire in the trunk in case things go badly?  Who thinks about the spare tire at any other moment other than when you get a flat and need it?  I understood where he was trying to go with that, but it was not the best path to get there.  Service ran a little late this afternoon so I had to change in the parking lot at work.

Work...*sigh*.  It was okay.  We had a pretty busy lunch, with a rather large party that came in.  We handled it and it made the afternoon go by a bit faster.  By the time we got all the food out to the tables, dishes were stacked to the ceiling.  It took us, well, mostly the other guy, almost an hour to clear it out.  I jumped on the grill for maybe half-an-hour before I went on break.

How can you NOT see the resemblance?
Then, around 4:00...*sigh*.  Let's just say that a certain someone gave me a hard time all night.  She was in quite a spunky mood and basically threatened to beat me up if I didn't post this evening.  So...Bumpers...please...PLEASE don't beat me up.  P.S...you're a nerd.

I got off work kind of early...like 7:00-ish.  When I got home, dad and mom were still out at the farm so I went for a jog.  The last one I did was April 20th...I thought it was going to kick my butt but I totally killed it.  Did about three-and-a-half miles this evening...the weather was just perfect: very clear and cool.  I shot across to Food Lion and got dinner...Philly cheese steak calzone, Gatorade and some sort of very tasty sugary bakery item.  Dad and I watched the last episode of Iron Fist.  It just fell off for me...I'm kind of glad it's over and I won't be pining for the next season to start up.  Shower.  Blog.  Gotta seriously get Cory's letter going tonight.  Out like a fat kid in dodge ball.  Later Days!


Comments