Skip to main content

This Unruly Mess

What am I going to do with this...THING...growing on the top of my head?  The plan is to let it go until the end of summer but...I don't know.  A little trim maybe?  I asked a woman for some advice and she told me to let it go.  Usually, when a woman gives that sort of advice, a man should not think twice about heeding it.  If a woman...any woman, tells you that they like your hair a certain way...even if they like it as a neon pink reverse mohawk...then you should totally go with the flow.  And that's what my hair is doing right now...going with the flow...any flow that happens to push it around, whether it be the wind, or the water from the shower nozzle, or the tongue of a baby calf licking it...Any.  Flow.  Period.

I woke up at like 6:30 this morning so I did what any single guy with no one warm beside him to snuggle up with in the early morning hours of the day would do when he wakes up...I went back to sleep.  Duh.  I didn't stay asleep long because I had to be at work at 9:00 to cut me up some lettuce and dice me up some po-tay-toes.  At least Bumpers was there today...always brings a smile to my face.  Work was rather lame, otherwise.  I had to dump one of the fryers and put new oil in it...talk about a wild party there.  I honestly can't think of a single thing from my entire six hour shift that is interesting enough to blog about...moving on.

I got home and went on a cleaning rampage!  First, since I just didn't get enough quality time washing dishes at work, I washed the dishes at home.  Then I cleaned the rabbit cages and put new shavings in them.  Then I cleaned most of the kitchen counter beside the stove.  I didn't even know there was a counter underneath all of that stuff.  Know what the first thing dad did when he got home?  Put more stuff on the counter I had just cleared off!  Omigosh.  After cleaning the counter, doing the dishes, cleaning the rabbit cages, cleaning out my coffee maker (it turns out that it is actually white and not Boy Scout brown) I swept and moped the floors.  By time I got done with all of that, it was 7:00 and I was starved so I shot across the street to get me some Bojangles.

After I ate, I stopped by the Red Box and picked up the 2016 version of Ben-Hur.  A.  Mazing.  Movie.  Highly recommend it.  Mom was a little flinchy when the chariot race got underway because there were bodies, both human and equine, flying everywhere.  But it was a good film that we all enjoyed.  I'm two-for-two on picking good movies lately.  Dad tried to make some pop-corn before we started and by the time he was done, all the windows and doors were open and the fans were on trying to blow the smoke outside.  Maybe you can tell from this photo how smoky it got.  The scary part was...the smoke alarm didn't even go off.  The batteries have probably been in there since 1998.

Tomorrow is my day off.  I have to go into town in the afternoon for an appointment and then over to Beaufort for another appointment.  I'm going to bring my camera along and see what I can make of the trip.  I hope the weather is as beautiful tomorrow as it was today.  Later Days!


Comments