Skip to main content

Welp...I Don't Know

Hmmm...something worth while to say.  Something profound.  Okay, hows about this.  Song lyrics from The Byrds:

To everything (turn, turn, turn)
There is a season (turn, turn, turn)
And a time to every purpose, under heaven

It is my personal opinion that this is a terrible song, musically speaking.  However, they did cook up some serious lyrics on this one.  I think the Bible even talks about this kind of stuff.  Maybe The Byrds even ripped the Bible off to make a buck.  Check out Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 and then look at the lyrics for the song...you decide.

Life's answers are not in this thing...trust me.
I have a hard time with the changing seasons in our lives.  I don't like change too much, especially if I am comfortable in the season that I am currently in.  Everyone likes a changing season when the transition is from winter to spring, but not too many people like the change from fall to winter.  What I mean is that of course I like a change from a crappy situation to a much better one.  Who doesn't?  Life isn't always fair to us in that respect and we often find ourselves having to go through a change that we don't always want.

A very good friend of mine, his name is Erik, once told me this about a relationship that I have had a hard time letting go.  He said that God gives us people in our lives for exactly the right reasons and exactly the right amount of time.  They are there for our seasons and when those seasons are over, just like the leaves in the autumn, they must fall away.  He said God gave me that person to help me through my season, to be the expression of His love that I needed to see at that time.  Maybe even to give me something that I will never be able to have again or to show me something that I could have in the future.  We never know God's plans for us but we do know this - that He never gives us more than we can handle and He always gives us what we need to get through it.

I'm still hanging on to the very fond memories of that relationship that got me through the worst season of my life.  I thank God for it because without it, I'm not sure I would be typing this right now.  There is still some hope in my heart, that even though I know the relationship will never be there again, maybe a friendship can still grow from the ashes of fire I had set so many years ago.  I can't obsess over it, but I can be hopeful that if God really wanted us to stay friends then somehow, it will happen.  There is no way I can delete them from my past, seeing as they were such a big part of it, but I can try to move on and give God praise for that precious amount of time I had with them.

I'm in a brand new season of my life and I've been blessed with many things in the last eight months.  One thing sticks out more than the rest, but I'm still not sure how that piece of the puzzle fits into my life yet.  The awesome thing about that is no matter what I want or how I feel or even how I try to influence it in the way I want it to go, I know that God has only the best intentions for my life and I can rest easy knowing that with every turn, turn, turn, He will be there with me.

Comments