Skip to main content

This One's For You

Come on, don't pretend like you don't know who I'm talking about.  I know you're reading this right now.  There was a promise made tonight, and I'm keeping it...so here you go.  This post is yours.

She drew this portrait of me...pretty spot on.
I was going to wake up at 7:00 a.m. this morning to go for a jog.  It's been about two weeks since I went running, mostly because my back has been bothering me.  The person I'm writing this post for kept me up until nearly 2:00 a.m.  This is not a complaint, it really was the highlight of my day and I would do it every night if that's what they want.  I actually woke up at 7:30 this morning, by some sort of miracle.  When I looked outside, I would have lost money betting that there was a hurricane out there.  It was insane.  It was raining sideways!  Bell got scared and was pacing out in front of my bedroom door so mom let her in.  She came over to me in bed, like she was making sure I was okay.  I pet her and she laid down on the floor by the bed.  It was sweet.

Mom told me that Spooky died last night.  She was hit by a car in the street right in front of our drive way.  I know I always joke about hating cats and wanting to put them in burlap bags and toss them into the foamy seas.  However, Spooky didn't deserve to be hit by a car and I know how much it affects mom.  I hate to see that.

The rain chilled out by the time I left for work.  I spent some of the morning talking to my grandparents and helping them navigate this super sweet blog.  Got them subscribed (if you have not yet subscribed...what are you waiting for?) and gave them the tour.  The traffic light at the intersection was turned 90 degrees from the winds this morning.  Intense.

Work was good until...well, okay, there is no "until".  Work was good.  I did sort of get blamed for a series of unfortunate dings on a certain person's truck.  Totally unfair, and it brings shame to the entire scientific process.  This person's hypothesis is that every time their truck gets hit at work, I'm out there to see it.  Therefore, I'm directly responsible for people hitting their truck.  I countered with the fact that I parked in their spot yesterday and I did not get hit, therefore none of this is my fault.  Sadly, in an act of true feminism, our manager took the skewed side of this other person (who is also a woman).  I was ambushed, without another man in sight to back me up.  I vowed that I would post about this dirty deed, and thus, it is done.

Got home and mom had made mini pizzas on English muffins.  The.  Best.  Ever.  We finished watching shark tank together as I smashed my dinner and then we watched a really sweet documentary on Netflix about Alaska.  Tomorrow should be fun...I'm gonna go sell a couch for Amber and it's also the mandatory red neck mingling time at the Newport flea mall.  Later Days!

Comments